Windows and Imagemaps

Since it appears my first message was lost I'm sending this again.
Sorry if it gets repeated...

I was wondering if there is a way within a map file for an imagemap if
it is possible to call js code to open a new window or target the html
to a specific frame.  I know that I can do this with the TARGET tag in
the body of the new doc, but what if this goes to a different site that
I have no control over?

Thanks for the bandwidth,

--
  Phil Williams, Ph.D.