The Actual Functionality of Javascript

Hi,
	I have been playing with Javascript for a couple of days attempting
to get client side verification of input data. However it has been a nightmare,
unless I have got entirely the wrong idea a large number of the events and
methods listed in the Netscape guide do not work.

	I attempted to get it as a default to insert the current date, it
seems to not function and inserts the same thing every time, however I can
insert times.

	The onBlur/onChange seem to not work on some 2.0 browsers Solaris for
example.

	Have I got this right or have I stuffed the code entirely?

Glenn Chisholm
Educational Computing Services
Curtin University of Technology